FANTASY IMPACT: Falcons Say RB Jackson Won’t Play Against Dolphins
FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. (AP) — Falcons coach Mike Smith says running back Steven Jackson will miss Sunday’s game at Miami with a thigh injury.
Smith says Jackson has a short-term injury. He provided no further details.
Jackson left last week’s win over the Rams after scoring in the first quarter on an 8-yard pass from Matt Ryan. Smith says Jacquizz Rodgers and Jason Snelling will share the work at running back against the Dolphins.
Earlier Tuesday, the team announced linebacker Sean Weatherspoon has been placed on injured reserve with a foot injury. Weatherspoon can return in Week 11.
On Monday, the Falcons placed defensive end Kroy Biermann (torn right Achilles tendon) and fullback Bradie Ewing (separated left shoulder) on the reserve list with season-ending injuries.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Eric Winston: NFL Made Up Rules To Keep Ray Rice Off The Field
- Two Straight Super Bowl Trips For Former Rice Star Willson
- Danny White: Cowboys Need to be Fired Up
- Rod Woodson, Julius Thomas, Montell Williams, Greg Ellis and Kevin Harlan Join The Triple Threat
- Keidel: Perfect Confluence Of Timing, Talent, History For Mayweather