Houston (CBS Houston) – On Sunday night, Astros pitcher Dallas Keuchel won the first-ever, “Dancing with the ‘Stros” charity event presented by Minute Maid.
The fundraising event took place at the House of Blues and featured four other Astros players including Keuchel, All-Star second baseman Jose Altuve, pitcher Jarred Cosart, infielder Jake Elmore and outfielder Trevor Crowe.
These good-sports were paired with professional dancers and only had an hour to learn a dance routine. The hardest (and funniest) part of it all was the fact the judges were going to be their fellow teammates who got to score and comment on each “dancer”:
- Honkey-Tonk Badonk- A- Donk Award: Trevor Crowe
- The Hips Don’t Lie Award: Jose Altuve
- The Moves Like Jagger Award: Jarred Cosart
- The Bringing Sexy Back Award: Jake Elmore
- The 2013 Dancing with the Stros Grand Prize Winner: Dallas Keuchel
Proceeds, which according to the organization to be close to $200,000, will benefit The Astros Foundation’s Urban Youth Academy, which is a non-profit program that provides free, year-round baseball and softball instruction as well as mentoring and leadership development training for at-risk and low-income youth.
Follow Julie Takahashi on Twitter: @Julie_Takahashi
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- J.J. Watt Pens Letter To Fans After Back Surgery
- Astros Make It Official: Alex Bregman Finally Gets The Call
- Best Player in Baseball? Altuve’s Career Day Sparks Astros To 13-3 Rout, Sweep of Angels
- Evan Gattis The Catcher Is Kinda Great, Might Be Time For Him To Do It Daily
- Scoreless Draw between Dynamo, Vancouver