HOUSTON (CBS HOUSTON) –Update: Gary Kubiak confirmed on Monday that Johnson was diagnosed with a concussion.
The Houston Texans franchise wide receiver Andre Johnson suffered an undiagnosed head injury late in the Texans 30-24 overtime victory against the Tennessee Titans on Sunday afternoon.
A hit form Bernard Pollard on the sideline left Johnson on laying on the ground with the Texans trialing. The ball had popped out after Johnson came to the ground out of bounds and was ruled incomplete. While Johnson was being tended to and helped off the Texans were able to look at the replay and challege the call on the field and get the play overturned. That catch set up an Arian Foster touchdown run and two point conversion to tie the game.
Johnson left the field and didn’t return to the game for the Texans for the rest of the 4th quarter and
The Texans staff had no word on Johnson’s injury after the game. Offensive lineman Duane Brown said in the locker room after the game that Johnson told them he would be okay.
If Johnson is diagnosed with a concussion he will have to pass a five level concussion protocol mandated by the NFL before he can resume team activities.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Astros 7th Inning Outburst Beats Mariners 7-1
- Chris Paul, Gerald Green Lead Rockets To 102-82 Win, 2-0 Series Lead
- Corey Chavous: Bradley Chubb Is The Top Prospect In The Draft In My Evaluation
- Jrue Holiday Is Why The Pelicans Lead The Trail Blazers
- Former Tennessee QB Quinten Dormady Announces He’s Transferring To Houston