Astros Cody Clark Collects 1st Major League Hit
So the Astros are on a roll winners of 4 in a row, coming off a sweep of the Mariners and now the start of the home stand with a win over the Angels 9-7. The Astros tonight collected 14 hits, and while a win and a winning streak are good, the Astros team was as excited to see Catcher Cody Clark collect his 1st major league hit.
At 31 years old Cody Clark got his 1st ever major league call up this season, and it took 10 games for Clark to snap out of a 0-25 slump. He started Friday’s night game 0-1 and it seemed like it could be another long night for Clark. In the 5th inning on a 1-2 count he smacked a single to centerfield and the crowd and the Astros bench erupted in cheers and applause.
Everyone including manager Bo Porter was excited to see Clark bust on out of the slump “I think that was one of the happiest moments of the season”. Starting Pitcher Dallas Keuchel knew the journey was long for Clark “after so many years in professional ball to finally get that 1st major league hit I’m pretty sure he is on cloud 9 right now.” Cody Clark spoke after the game and was thankful for the team support behind him “everyday there telling me your gonna get it don’t worry” Clark knows this hit rates way up there on his list of personal achievements “it’s up there just because it was so hard to get”.
Tweet me thoughts or question here
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Upon Further Review: Historic Weekend In College Football
- CBS Sports’ Solomon Wilcots: Saints’ Offensive Line Is Deteriorating In Front Of Brees
- Texas Trooper Under Review After Stopping Dallas Cowboy Running Back, Taking Photo
- Texans Release Worthy to Make Room for New Defensive Lineman
- Former Texas A&M Wide Receiver Murders Random Person With Machete