NBA’s Lamar Odom Charged With DUI In Los Angeles
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Basketball star Lamar Odom has been charged with a misdemeanor count of driving under the influence, nearly two weeks after his Mercedes-Benz was pulled over on a Southern California freeway.
The Los Angeles city attorney’s office said Friday that the charges stem from Odom’s Aug. 30 arrest in the San Fernando Valley.
The husband of reality TV star Khloe Kardashian was taken into custody after a sobriety test.
The California Highway Patrol said Odom’s car was observed traveling in a “serpentine manner.”
The 33-year-old Odom could face six months in jail and a $1,000 fine if convicted.
Arraignment is scheduled for Sept. 27.
After spending the 2012 season with the Dallas Mavericks, Odom returned to the Clippers last year. He became a free agent at the end of the season.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Playoff Pinch Hits: James Shields-Wil Myers Trade A Success For Royals
- 5 Devastating Week 7 Losses
- 6 Reasons Why Alabama’s Kenyan Drake Was The Real Star Of The Texas A&M Blowout
- Playoff Pinch Hits: Royals And Giants An Unlikely World Series Pairing
- 5 NFL Teams Already Vying For First Pick In The 2015 NFL Draft