Titans Eager To Test Stingier D Against Houston
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — The Tennessee Titans are pretty happy with their dominating defensive performance in the season opener. After all, nine points is a big improvement from the nightmare of 2012.
Still, the team that gave up the most points in the NFL last season also knows it’s way too early to think anything has been proven yet.
Defensive coordinator Jerry Gray said Thursday they need to wait to see if the Titans have the defense they tried to build. He says he was deservedly criticized in 2012 with the Titans allowing a franchise-worst 471 points.
The Titans allowed at least 30 points in each of the first five games in 2012. They held the Steelers to a late touchdown and 195 yards total offense as the Titans won 16-9 in Pittsburgh.
Tennessee plays at Houston on Sunday.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Heated Conversations With Booker T Sat. Jan 24th
- Bill Belichick Addresses Deflate-Gate: We As An Organization Have Followed The Rules
- James Harden Hits Game Winning Shot To Lift Rockets Over Suns
- What’s Poppin’?: Pop Culture With Paul, Brien And Producer Lara
- Astros Sign Marwin Gonzalez, Avoid Arbitration