Titans Eager To Test Stingier D Against Houston
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — The Tennessee Titans are pretty happy with their dominating defensive performance in the season opener. After all, nine points is a big improvement from the nightmare of 2012.
Still, the team that gave up the most points in the NFL last season also knows it’s way too early to think anything has been proven yet.
Defensive coordinator Jerry Gray said Thursday they need to wait to see if the Titans have the defense they tried to build. He says he was deservedly criticized in 2012 with the Titans allowing a franchise-worst 471 points.
The Titans allowed at least 30 points in each of the first five games in 2012. They held the Steelers to a late touchdown and 195 yards total offense as the Titans won 16-9 in Pittsburgh.
Tennessee plays at Houston on Sunday.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Playoff Pinch Hits: James Shields-Wil Myers Trade A Success For Royals
- 5 Devastating Week 7 Losses
- 6 Reasons Why Alabama’s Kenyan Drake Was The Real Star Of The Texas A&M Blowout
- Playoff Pinch Hits: Royals And Giants An Unlikely World Series Pairing
- 5 NFL Teams Already Vying For First Pick In The 2015 NFL Draft