JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — The Jacksonville Jaguars could be without both starting cornerbacks against the Oakland Raiders.
Veteran Alan Ball left practice early Thursday after injuring his groin. Fellow starter Dwayne Gratz already has been ruled out for at least three games with a badly sprained right ankle.
Coach Gus Bradley says Ball injured the lower part of his groin muscle and might be able to play Sunday. If he can’t, the Jaguars (0-1) likely would go with newly signed cornerback Will Blackmon on one side and rookie Demetrius McCray, a seventh-round draft pick, on the other.
Receiver Cecil Shorts III (groin) returned to practice Thursday, but receiver Mike Brown (back) sat out. So did starting guards Uche Nwaneri (knee) and Will Rackley (knee), tight end Marcedes Lewis (calf) and linebacker J.T. Thomas (leg).
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Anthony Joshua: ‘Wladimir Klitschko Is Underrated’
- Altuve Avoids Serious Injury After Collision
- NFL Teams Announcing Day 3 Draft Picks From Grand Canyon, A Zoo, And Outer Space
- SportsRadio 610’s Who Do We Want/Who Do We Think Texans Will Draft
- If Texans Draft A QB In 2017, How Long Are They Stuck With Him?