AFC SOUTH: Jaguars CB Ball Leaves Practice With Groin Injury
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — The Jacksonville Jaguars could be without both starting cornerbacks against the Oakland Raiders.
Veteran Alan Ball left practice early Thursday after injuring his groin. Fellow starter Dwayne Gratz already has been ruled out for at least three games with a badly sprained right ankle.
Coach Gus Bradley says Ball injured the lower part of his groin muscle and might be able to play Sunday. If he can’t, the Jaguars (0-1) likely would go with newly signed cornerback Will Blackmon on one side and rookie Demetrius McCray, a seventh-round draft pick, on the other.
Receiver Cecil Shorts III (groin) returned to practice Thursday, but receiver Mike Brown (back) sat out. So did starting guards Uche Nwaneri (knee) and Will Rackley (knee), tight end Marcedes Lewis (calf) and linebacker J.T. Thomas (leg).
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- McNair On Deflate-Gate: “I Think If It Was J.J. Watt, I Think He Would Have Been Cooperative”
- Bill O’Brien To Donate ‘Swear Jar’ Money To Charity
- Texans Owner Bob McNair: Hoyer Did The Extra Work Needed To Win The Job
- Keidel: Mayweather’s 49-0 Mark Will Be More Impressive Than Marciano’s
- This Week In Baseball: ‘Shoeless’ Joe’s Failed Reinstatement Bid, What It Means For Pete Rose