MLB Suspends Players For Involvement In Biogenesis Case
Baseball has suspended 12 players for their roles in the Biogenesis case. According to media outlets, the following 12 players have received 50 game suspensions:
1. Rangers OF Nelson Cruz
2. Padres SS Everth Cabrera
3. Tigers SS Jhonny Peralta
4. Phillies RP Antonio Bastardo
5. Mets OF Jordany Valdespin
6. Yankees C Francisco Cervelli
7. Mariners C Jesus Montero
8. Mets OF prospect Cesar Puello
9. Astros P prospect Sergio Escalona
10. Yankees OF prospect Fernando Martinez
11. FA P Fautino De Los Santos
12. FA P Jordano Norberto
Those players agreed to their suspensions and won’t have the right to appeal.
Brewers OF and 2011 NL MVP Ryan Braun was the first to agree to the MLB’s penalties. He was given a season ending 65 game suspension.
Alex Rodriguez has yet to be punished. He is expected to be officially banned through the end of the 2014 season – but will likely appeal said suspension. In fact, he will likely start at 3B for the Yankees tonight against the White Sox.