Health And Beauty Wellness Wednesday: Health Tips For Men
From Our CBS Music Sites
Get Breaking News First
Men, there are certain aspects of your health that cannot be neglected and in fact need to be monitored on a regular basis.
Check out some health tips that can benefit all men, regardless of your age.
1. Stamp out the smoking Did you know that according to data, smoking is estimated to kill 400,000 Americans every single year? Choosing not to smoke is, undoubtedly, the single most important health decision you can ever make. Smoking cigarettes, pipes and cigars need to be a thing of your past if you are a smoker. If you cannot find it within yourself to quit, consider cutting back.
2. Watch the weight! Men, we love you and just as your female counterparts need to monitor weight, so do you! You as men need to engage in physical activity that keeps the pounds off. Why not make it a practice to shoot hoops with the guys a few times a week at a local gym? How about get involved in a sport within your community? You have to make time to exercise and keep active as you mature into older age. It’s just a fact of life.
3. Diet Men, we want you to be the loves of our life for a long time so monitor your diet. Are you eating fruits and vegetables on a regular basis? Are you drinking water? Do you make it a habit to have a healthy dinner? You can indulge when it comes to food, but make it a practice to incorporate grains, fruits, vegetables, fish and wholesome foods in your diet regularly.
4. Watch the alcohol Drinking is cool but drinking in moderation is even better. As we get older what we were able to consume when we were younger changes as we get older. Enjoy the beers but enjoy them in moderation.
5. Get regular cholesterol and blood pressure tests. Both high cholesterol and high blood pressure are usually referred to as “silent killers,” since they can cause extensive damage to hearts and arteries without warning. So the only way to gauge if you have high blood pressure or high cholesterol is to get regular tests for both.
6. Sunscreen please! Men, your skin is delicate, even though you are tough! So please use a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 on it, OK? Thanks.
7. Take those medications please! If you are supposed to take your medications, then take them! Before my daddy died, he would take an aspirin a day to help keep his heart in check. He also took several medications to help him. If you feel your medications are not working, ask your health care professional to adjust what needs to be adjusted but please do not take matters in your own hands!
8. Prostate health Please check your prostate to ensure it is working properly. Any strange feelings or problems need to be reported to a health care professional ASAP!
9. Take time out! As men, it’s important that you take the time to rest and relax. Whether it’s going jogging with your favorite tunes in your ear or simply lying in a hammock underneath two trees for shade a few times a week, take the time out to make a mental departure from the world and gain your sense of perspective and composure.
Do you have additional health tips to share? Share them and watch related video below!