HFD Releases More Details Of Public Memorial For Fallen Firefighters
From Our CBS Music Sites
Get Breaking News First
HOUSTON (CBS Houston) Officials have released additional details about Wednesday’s public memorial for four Houston Fire Department firefighters who were killed battling a building blaze last Friday.
According to the HFD, the public memorial service will be held “…for the four Houston Firefighters who made the ultimate sacrifice during the fire in Southwest Houston last Friday, May 31.”
“The service will be held on Wednesday, June 5, 2013 at Reliant Stadium, One Reliant Park, Houston, Texas, 77054,” added HFD authorities. “Parking will open at 7 a.m. The public entrance will be off of S. Main with signs and directions directing the public to the parking area. The Memorial Procession will begin at 8 a.m. and the public may view the procession from the south parking lot of Reliant Stadium and on the Skywalk across Kirby Drive. Kirby Drive will be closed both directions between La Concha Lan and 610 S Loop from 8 a.m. until 10 a.m. for the Firefighters Memorial Procession.”
The following is the itinerary for the memorial service:
• National Anthem by Kelley Peters
• Master of Ceremony Remarks by Michael Mire, Captain, Houston Fire Department
• Opening Prayer by His Eminence Daniel Nicholas DiNardo, Cardinal-Archbishop of Galveston-Houston
• Musical Selection by the Brentwood Baptist Church Choir
• Mayor of Houston Address by The Honorable Annise Parker
• Messages by Tony Rocha, On behalf of the Renaud Family; Ian S. Kim, On behalf of the Bebee Family
• Musical Selection by the Musicians of The Houston Symphony
• Messages by Nicole Garner, On behalf of the Garner Family; Mary Moore Sullivan, On behalf of the Sullivan Family
• Fire Chief Address by Terry Garrison, Fire Chief, Houston Fire Department
• Fire Chief Terry Garrison will present the American Flag honoring our fallen fire fighters to the Renaud, Bebee,
• Garner and Sullivan families. These flags have been provided by U.S. Congressman Gene Green (D-Texas), U.S. Congressman John Culberson (R-Texas), U.S. Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) and U.S. Congressman Pete Olson (R-Texas) who had the flags flown over the United States Capital on May 31, 2013.
• Firefighters Address by Jeff Caynon, President, Houston Professional Fire Fighters Association IAFF Local 341
• Address by International Association of Firefighters Thomas H. Miller, General Secretary-Treasure
• After IAFF General Secretary-Treasurer Miller delivers his comments, he will be joined by IAFF District Vice President Sandy McGhee and Houston Professional Fire Fighters President Jeff Caynon to present the IAFF Medal of Honor to the Renaud, Bebee, Garner and Sullivan families.
• Honor Companies Tribute
• The Final Alarm Bell Ceremony by the Houston Fire Department Honor Guard
• Closing Prayer by His Eminence Daniel Nicholas DiNardo, Cardinal-Archbishop of Galveston-Houston
• Musical Selection (Amazing Grace) by the Houston Fire Department Pipes and Drums
Officials also added that Reliant Stadium will open at 8 a.m. and the service will began at 10 a.m. with the prelude by Musicians of the Houston Symphony. The four firefighters killed are as follows: Probationary Firefighter Anne Sullivan (24), Engineer Operator EMT Robert Bebee (41), Firefighter EMT Robert Garner (29) and Captain EMT Matthew Renaud (35). Click here to view pictures of the fallen firefighters.