HISD Hosting Community Meetings About Budget
HOUSTON (CBS Houston) The Houston Independent School District is hosting a series of community meetings across the city, outlining the budgeting process of the district.
According to HISD, the meetings are part of their ongoing effort “…to taxpayers a guide to understanding the district’s budget, the Houston Independent School District.”
HISD Chief Financial Officer Kenneth Huewitt stated that the meets give the community an opportunity to know how HISD’s budgeting process works: “We want our constituents to understand how HISD’s budget process works, how much money does each school get and even how they can get involved,” stated Huewitt. “Our goal is to ensure HISD’s budget and financial information is readily available and user friendly so that taxpayers know exactly how their tax dollars are allocated and spent.”
HISD further states that the meetings will cover core aspects of HISD’s budgeting process such as where the money comes from and its designation to each of the 276 campuses. The meetings will also outline who decides how the money is spent at each campus and who monitors the budget, among other topics.
“HISD’s General Manager of Budget and Financial Planning Sharon Eaves will be leading the budget presentations at the community meetings,” added officials with HISD.
Are you interested in attending the HISD community meetings focusing on the district’s budget? Take a look at meeting locations, dates and times below, as outlined by HISD:
• April 30 – 6 p.m. at Marshall Middle School (1115 Noble)
• May 1 – 6 p.m. at Oak Forest Elementary School (1401 West 43rd)
• May 2 – 6 p.m. at Key Middle School (4000 Kelly)
• May 7 – 6 p.m. at Jones High School (7414 Saint Lo)
• May 8 – 6 p.m. at Bellaire High School (5100 Maple)
• May 14 – 6 p.m. at Revere Middle School (10502 Briar Forest)
• May 15 – 6 p.m. at Reagan High School (413 East 13th)
• May 16 – 6 p.m. at Milby High School (1601 Broadway)