News

Dallas Boy, 4, Chokes On Food At School, Dies

View Comments
School children chow down in a cafeteria. (Saul Loeb/Getty Images)

School children chow down in a cafeteria. (Saul Loeb/Getty Images)

Featured Items

Small-Wtt8 Offensive Stars J.J. Watt Is Better Than

Small-WttTerran Hilow W/ Triple Threat

77820352_8Hot Cheerleader - Funny Faces 2014

From Our CBS Music Sites

77820352_8JJ Watt Sends Pizza To Houston Police & Firefighters

77820352_8It's Official, Katy Perry Will Perform at the Super Bowl Halftime

listicle41 Dallas Boy, 4, Chokes On Food At School, Dies The Health Benefits Of Growing A Beard

77820352_8Fight Ensues Because Of A McGriddle [VIDEO]

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

DALLAS (AP) — A 4-year-old pre-kindergarten student has died after apparently choking on some food during lunch at a Dallas school.

The Dallas Independent School District says counselors were available Friday at Mount Auburn Elementary School.

A letter has been sent home to parents about Thursday’s incident and the death of Manny Ramirez.

School officials say the boy was in the cafeteria eating with other children when he started coughing and choking. A school nurse managed to dislodge the food as others called 911 — then the boy suffered a seizure.

District spokeswoman Rebecca Rodriguez says CPR was performed but the boy died.

(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 25,289 other followers