How To Do A Screen Shot
Taking a screenshot on a computer is pretty easy. Have you ever wondered what the Print Screen [PrtScn/SysRq] key on your Windows keyboard does, since it never seems to do anything when you press it? Well, surprise! It copies an image of your screen and stores it on the “clipboard,” ready to be paste into any graphics program. Learn how to capture a screenshot by following these simple steps.
Time Required: 1 minute
1. Press the Print Screen key on your keyboard. It may be labeled [PrtScn/SysRq].
2. Open a graphic editing program, such as Microsoft Paint.
3. Go to the Edit menu and choose Paste.
4. Go to the File Menu and choose Save As.
5. Navigate to the folder where you want to save the image.
6. Type a file name for the image.
7. Select a file type and save.
Pressing Alt-PrintScreen (Alt-PrtScrn) places an image of the frontmost window on the clipboard. Pressing Print Screen by itself places an image of the entire desktop on the clipboard.