Bert F. Winston Band and Performance Center – A 39,089-square foot building on the east end of the Houston Football Stadium housing the Spirit of Houston Band Recital Halls and classroom spaces, gallery multi-purpose area and UH Athletics Ticket Office.
Concession Stands – A total of 160 concession points of sale throughout the stadium plus multiple portable concessions.
Concourse – A 360-degree concourse with an uninterrupted view of the field on 67 percent of the concourse. Will include both audio and video broadcast systems throughout the concourse.
Construction Completion Date – Approximately August, 2014
Construction Start Date – December 3, 2012
Cost – The construction of the Houston Football Stadium is currently estimated to cost approximately $105 million pending final Board of Regents approval and bid package pricing.
Field Surface – State-of-the art synthetic turf designed to host a multitude of events, including but not limited to, high school football games, band practice, specific UH intramural events, etc.
Field Level – 25 feet below the main stadium concourse.
Legends Plaza – A plaza area recognizing the proud tradition of Houston Football at the northeast corner of the stadium.
Locker Room (Home) – State-of-the-art 5,000-square foot home locker room located at the southeast corner of the stadium. Views exclusive to the club area give those fans an opportunity to watch team members travel from the locker room to the field level.
Locker Room (Visitor) – Located at the west end of the stadium with a field entrance in the northwest corner of the stadium. Multi-functional locker room can be split and serve two separate teams simultaneously.
Memorial Hermann Family Fun Zone – The Memorial Hermann Family Fun Zone will return to the Houston Football Stadium with an exact location to be named at a later date.
Number of Seats – A minimum of 40,000 seats. Seating diagram is being finalized and could result in a slight increase of seats.
Orientation of Stadium – East to west giving fans and television audiences a spectacular view of the downtown Houston skyline while also keeping in line with the University’s grid system and creating a more efficient parking system. Sun and shade studies were also conducted to improve the best level of comfort for Houston fans and not affect student-athletes.
Parking – Surface lots around the stadium will contain 1,467 parking spaces while the stadium parking garage holds 2,268 spaces.
Party Decks – Four open-air party decks and two open-air party suites at different locations throughout the stadium offer Houston Football fans spectacular views of the game while providing a comfortable and unique experience to entertain family and friends on game day.
Pavilions – University of Houston officials are currently working with architects on the design and placement of pavilions. Pavilions are not included in the current stadium budget and will be funded per each pavilion holder. Current pavilion owners will have the first right of refusal for a new pavilion.
Premium Seating – Will consist of 5,000 of the 40,000 seats in the Houston Football Stadium.
- Club Area – The stylish club area will be the ultimate Houston Football experience. With 12,400 square feet of multi-purpose club area overlooking the field of play, fans with access to the club area will enjoy upscale food and drinks while receiving first-class hospitality on game days. The climate-controlled area will also feature high-definition televisions and private restrooms. The area will also be available to host special events, meetings and classes.
- Suites – Spanning from end zone to end zone on the south side of the Houston Football Stadium with a view of downtown Houston, 26 premium suites each containing 12 outside padded arm chairs, four inside bar stools and entertainment area. Houston fans will enjoy comfort and style in these 325-square foot suites with individual upscale service and amenities.
- Loge Boxes – 34 loge boxes each containing four seats and high-definition monitors will be located throughout the stadium.
- Club Seats – 766 armchair style padded club seats that are 22 inches wide and located in the lower bowl of the Houston Football Stadium.
- Additional Premium Seating – 2,778 armchair seats that are 20 inches wide and 1,210 bench backs with the majority located in the lower bowl of the Houston Football Stadium.
Press Box – Seats for 70 working media along with a press dining area. Post-game press conferences to take place in a wired field-level photographer work room.
Restrooms – A total of 18 primary restrooms throughout the concourse plus 38 other restrooms in the stadium.
Skyline – The Houston Football Stadium was designed to showcase the Houston skyline in the northwest corner of the stadium to remind all visitors and television audiences that UH is the University of Houston.
Student Section – Will contain over 5,000 seats and will announce exact location at a later date as the University of Houston Athletics Department works with the University of Houston Student Government Association to provide one of the most exciting student sections in the nation.
Ticket Office – The University of Houston Athletics Ticket Office will move from the Athletics/Alumni Center to a new office located on the northeast corner of the stadium facing Cullen Blvd. The facility will have eight exterior ticket-selling windows along with two interior windows in the ticket office lobby in close proximity to the stadium parking garage.
University of Houston Gallery – A 2,000-square foot tribute area to University of Houston history. Also a multi-purpose special events area located on the northeast corner of the Houston Football Stadium.
Video Board – State-of-the-art HD, LED, wide screen video board located on the west end of the Houston Football Stadium.