610SPOR2 35h_CBSSportsRad_Houston

News

Space Heater Starts Fire At Home On Houston’s South Side

View Comments
(credit: LOUISA GOULIAMAKI/AFP/Getty Images)

(credit: LOUISA GOULIAMAKI/AFP/Getty Images)

Featured Items

77820352_8PHOTOS: The Bikini: from the '50s to Now

77820352_8Meet The 6-10s

77820352_8Best 7 Events At The Astrodome

77820352_8World Cup's Hottest Fans

From Our CBS Music Sites

77820352_8Is Chandler Parsons Dating A Kardashian??

77820352_8Nicki Minaj's Booty Takes Over Her Album Cover

77820352_8The Worst Things You Can Do On A First Date

77820352_8Local Gas Station Clerk/MMA Fighter Takes Down Thieves

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

A space heater is being blamed for starting a house fire on Houston’s south side. A man who was in the home turned on the space heater Wednesday evening to keep warm.

According to investigators, the man then woke up and knocked the heater over around 10:30 p.m. Upon knocking it over, the man’s quilt caught fire and then that fire quickly spread to the rest of the man’s bedroom furniture.

Although the man was able to evacuate the home safely, he did reportedly have a minor burn on his hand. No other injuries were reported.

Cicely C. Mitchell, CBS Radio Houston

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus