How To Make A Sweet Potato Pie
Sweet Potato Pie is Southern Comfort food at its best. Consisting of delicious sweet potatoes, condensed milk, butter, eggs and spices; the sweet heavenly aroma will explode through your home as the pie bakes. This recipe is a must-have desert for Thanksgiving dinner or any time you want to satisfy a sweet tooth.
Ingredients (makes 1 -9 inch pie)
- 1 pound sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can of condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- Boil sweet potatoes whole (in skin) for 40 to 50 minutes, or until done. Run cold water over the sweet potato, and simply peel the skin off.
- Break apart sweet potato in a bowl. Add softened butter, and mix well with mixer. Stir in sugar, milk, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla extract. Beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth. Pour filling into an unbaked pie crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 to 60 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Place the pie on a rack and cool to room temperature before serving.