He Said, She Said: Champs, Chumps, Texans-Bears pivotal questions and, oh, yeah, a chance to win tickets to the Dec. 16 game!
November 6, 2012 4:05 PM
John P. Lopez
John P. Lopez What I do for 610: Co-host of In The Loop With Nick...Read More
First things first: We gave away tickets last weekend and we’re doing it again this week.
All you have to do is Tweet to @BrookieBentley or me — @LopezOnSports a clever, smart, insightful or all-of-the-above answer to this question: Why should J.J. Watt win NFL MVP?
Simple, huh? Tweet us ASAP! We’ll be taking them all week.
Our panel of staff on our weekly He Said, She Said show on The KUBE (Channel 57/Comcast 653, Saturday and Sunday 6 p.m.) will vote on the best tweet. The winner gets tickets!
In the meantime, here’s what you can expect from this week’s show:
* Brooke Bentley and I each will offer a question that a win over the Bears will answer, and a question that will remained unanswered if the Texans stumble.
If the Texans win, no longer will there be any doubt that this team is the AFC’s Super Bowl favorite — probably in the NFL, not just the AFC, since few expect the undefeated Falcons to hold up defensively. No matter how good Peyton Manning or the Pittsburgh Steelers have played lately, to go into Chicago, on prime-time, against one of the league’s best defenses and win, it will show the Texans have taken the next step.
If the Texans lose, all the doubts about this team will legitimately remain there — about Schaub, Kubiak, rising to the occasion on the big stage. Brooke will give us her thoughts and we’ll mix it up on-air, in what always are fun exchanges.
* Andre Johnson admitted this week on Sports Radio 610 that he, too, realized he lost a step. Here’s the good news: He also said he’s better and more explosive than he’s been in years. Does a healthy and explosive Andre spell the difference for this team?
* Champs: Chuck Pagano. There may not be a better story in the NFL this year. Diagnosed with Leukemia, which reportedly already is in remission, Pagano delivered a stirring post-game speech to the surprise team of the NFL. Oh, yeah. He also has Andrew Luck, who should scare the hell out of every Texans fan.
* Chumps: Mack Brown believes the Big 12 conference should look into the “‘Horns down” sign … huh? What about Texas players and fans chanting “OU Sucks” or “Poor Aggies” or Texas players mocking the Kansas “wheat swaying” after winning there? Gimme a break. College football fans mock their foes and rivals. Texas is no exception.
* Are You Kidding Me? Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones says there’s “no way” he ever will relinquish General Manager duties. Cowboys-haters rejoice over that fact, but Cowboys fans should be screaming, “Are you kidding me!” Sean Payton is right there, waiting to bring the Cowboys back to the glory days. The only thing standing in the way is the hard-headed owner who doesn’t know that he’s crippled the franchise.