Texans Host Titans, Look To Go 4-0
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
Houston Head Coach Gary Kubiak will coach in his 100th career regular season game with the Texans, who have a chance to go 4-0 for the first time in team history on Sunday. The Texans are coming off a 31-25 win at Denver in Week 3 and return home for the first time since Week 1.
Quarterback Matt Schaub, who has led the Texans to victory in his last seven starts, threw for 290 yards and tied a career high with four touchdown passes against Denver last week. Schaub threw scoring strikes to four different receivers, including running back Arian Foster, who led the team with 105 yards on the ground. Defensive end J.J. Watt continued his fast start to 2012 against the Broncos, leading the team with 2.5 sacks and four tackles for loss. Watt leads the AFC with 5.5 sacks and has recorded multiple sacks in all three games this season.
Houston is one of two teams in the NFL with a top-10 offense and defense. The Texans are seventh in the NFL with 394.7 yards of offense per game and rank second with an AFC-best 255.7 yards allowed on defense.
Tennessee is coming off its first win of the season, a highlight-filled 44-41 overtime win against Detroit last week in Nashville. The Titans scored in all three phases of the game and set an NFL record with five touchdowns of 60 yards or longer.
Quarterback Jake Locker leads the Titans in rushing and has thrown for 781 yards and four touchdowns. Wide receiver Nate Washington leads the Titans with 185 yards receiving on seven receptions (26.4 average) and two touchdowns.
• Texans trail 14-6 in the series and 3-7 all-time at Reliant Stadium.
• Last Regular Season Meeting: Tennessee 23, Houston 22 in the 2012 regular season finale at Reliant Stadium on Jan. 1, 2012.
• Texans haven’t lost back-to-back home games against the Titans at since 2006-07.
A WIN AGAINST TENNESSEE WOULD…
• Give Houston its first 4-0 start to a season in franchise history.
• Improve Houston’s all-time record against Tennessee to 7-14 overall and 4-7 at home.
• Give Head Coach Gary Kubiak his 51st career win.