Reporting John P. Lopez
Filed underBlogs, College, Houston Astros, Houston Texans, In The Loop, Lopez Blog, NFL, None, Shows, Sports
Astros CentralShop for Astros Gear Buy Astros Tickets
From Our CBS Music Sites
Get your bets in now. Here are some Proposition Bets — many of which you won’t find in Las Vegas — for the upcoming weekend of football.
My picks will be in boldface.
1) Marc Vandermeer will call J.J. Watt, at least once during the game, “J.J. Swatt.” — Absolutely yes.
2) Arian Foster will do his tribute bow Over/Under — 1,5. Under. He’s been sick and Matt Schaub probably will have a better day.
3) Jags running back Maurice Jones-Drew Over/Under rushing yards — 90-yards. Over. Wish I cuold say different, but until further notcie the Texans rush defense needs help.
4) Kareem Jackson will give up a 25-plus yard completion. Yes/No. Yes. The scouting report is out on Kareem and Gabbert will not look toward Jonathan Joseph’s side.
5) Brian Cushing will bleed. Yes/No. Absolutely yes. Given the run-defense struggles and that Cushing is a bleeder, it’s a given. Bet the ranch.
6) Over/Under on Texans sacks of Blaine Gabbert is 2.5: Over. The Jaguars’ O-line is better than you think, but I’m guessing Connor Barwin will have a huge game. And J.J. Watt is J.J. Watt.
7) Trindon Holliday will fumble/bobble at least one return. Yes. Wish it could be different, but the nerves and pressure figure to get to him. Hopefully, a big return will fix all that.
OTHER NON-TEXANS PROP BETS:
Nick Saban will have an uncomfortable moment with a sideline reporter? Yes.
UH will give up 200-plus yards rushing? Yes. UCLA running back Johnathan Franklin is the nation’s leading rusher and has surpassed the 200-yard plateau twice in two games. This could get ugly.
J.J. Watt will have more sacks than the Astros wins this weekend — Um, yeah. Astros will have ZERO wins.