Lopez’ Weekend Prop Bets: Will Cushing bleed? MJD break 100? UH give up Two-Fiddy on the ground?
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
Get your bets in now. Here are some Proposition Bets — many of which you won’t find in Las Vegas — for the upcoming weekend of football.
My picks will be in boldface.
1) Marc Vandermeer will call J.J. Watt, at least once during the game, “J.J. Swatt.” — Absolutely yes.
2) Arian Foster will do his tribute bow Over/Under — 1,5. Under. He’s been sick and Matt Schaub probably will have a better day.
3) Jags running back Maurice Jones-Drew Over/Under rushing yards — 90-yards. Over. Wish I cuold say different, but until further notcie the Texans rush defense needs help.
4) Kareem Jackson will give up a 25-plus yard completion. Yes/No. Yes. The scouting report is out on Kareem and Gabbert will not look toward Jonathan Joseph’s side.
5) Brian Cushing will bleed. Yes/No. Absolutely yes. Given the run-defense struggles and that Cushing is a bleeder, it’s a given. Bet the ranch.
6) Over/Under on Texans sacks of Blaine Gabbert is 2.5: Over. The Jaguars’ O-line is better than you think, but I’m guessing Connor Barwin will have a huge game. And J.J. Watt is J.J. Watt.
7) Trindon Holliday will fumble/bobble at least one return. Yes. Wish it could be different, but the nerves and pressure figure to get to him. Hopefully, a big return will fix all that.
OTHER NON-TEXANS PROP BETS:
Nick Saban will have an uncomfortable moment with a sideline reporter? Yes.
UH will give up 200-plus yards rushing? Yes. UCLA running back Johnathan Franklin is the nation’s leading rusher and has surpassed the 200-yard plateau twice in two games. This could get ugly.
J.J. Watt will have more sacks than the Astros wins this weekend — Um, yeah. Astros will have ZERO wins.