Texans CentralShop for Texans Gear Buy Texans Tickets NFL Scoreboard NFL Standings Team STATS Team Schedule Team Roster Team Injuries
From Our CBS Music Sites
Today was the last practice before the Texans’ second preseason game against San Francisco, and coaches were upset with the players’ effort throughout practice.
1. The offense, and particularly the running game, started well but stalled about halfway through practice. The offensive and defensive coaching staff were not pleased with today’s effort, and Gary Kubiak admitted that he was disappointed in the final offensive walkthrough of the day.
2. After missing the majority of training camp with a neck issue, rookie Defensive End Jared Crick finally returned to practice today. Crick has been plagued with injuries since the start of his senior season at Nebraska, but he should be ready to go against San Francisco this weekend.
3. For the majority of seven-on-sevens, the second and third team defenses played against the first team offense. The defense has outperformed the offense this entire week, but this change has likely been implemented to give younger players as many chances as they can to impress coaches and earn a roster spot.
4. There have been a number of incomplete passes with the defense’s strong performance this week and the young wide receivers, but today easily had the most tipped and dropped passes.
5. One of the worst drops came on a play when Case Keenum threw a pass to a wide open Bryant Johnson, but he bobbled the ball to Quintin Demps for an interception.
6. Mario Louis had the day’s most exciting catch with a spinning back shoulder catch in the end zone during red zone drills.