In preparation for Saturday’s preseason game against San Francisco, the Texans continued to work on improving offensive efficiency.
1. The defense continued its dominant performance in training camp, routinely forcing incompletions or holding the offense to short gains.
2. Glover Quin had the day’s most exciting play when he forced a fumble on James Casey in the end zone. The offense has slowly improved red zone performance from last weekend’s preseason game, but still needs work before the season.
3. Today was the first time in training camp that the Texans simulated crowd noise at practice, likely in preparation for the home preseason game against San Francisco this Saturday.
4. Shaun Cody was still out of practice, but is no longer using the strange mechanical treatment that he had earlier this week. Hopefully this is a sign that his strained disc is nothing serious and that he will make a swift recovery.
5. DeVier Posey looked good today, with several wide open touchdown catches in one-on-one drills.
6. Today was Gary Kubiak’s 51st birthday as well as assistant defensive backs coach Perry Carter’s 41st birthday. Players tried to pour gatorade on Kubiak after practice, but barely missed him.