The Methodist Training Center is the site for the NFL’s hottest training
camp, according to The Weather Channel and weather.com. Houston
ranked fi rst in average August temperature, average August high
temperature, average August days in the 90s and total heat ranking.
Hydration is obviously the key for the Texans’ director of sports medicine/
head athletic trainer Geoff Kaplan and head strength and conditioning
coach Cedric Smith.
(Attention media: A water cooler is located at the South end of
Field 2 for media use).
THE WEATHER CHANNEL’S HOTTEST NFL TRAINING CAMPS
1. Houston Texans – Houston, Texas
2. New Orleans Saints – Metairie, La.
3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Tampa, Fla.
4. Miami Dolphins – Davie, Fla.
5. Jacksonville Jaguars – Jacksonville, Fla.
6. St. Louis Rams – Earth City, Mo.
7. Tennessee Titans – Nashville, Tenn.
8. Carolina Panthers – Spartanburg, S.C.
9. Kansas City Chiefs – St. Joseph, Mo.
10. Atlanta Falcons – Flowery Branch, Ga.
Houstonians are not surprised by this fact. It’s just hot here. In case anyone
was wondering why, weather.com offered this explanation: “Despite
having Florida’s humidity, it doesn’t rain nearly as much (4.5” of rain), or
as often (9-10 days with rain),