10 Things You Didn’t Know About Rookie Kicker Randy Bullock
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
There’s more to Randy Bullock than his kicking power and accuracy between the uprights.
1. Bullock is still enrolled at Texas A&M as a petroleum engineering major, it’s something he has great passion for and he will be returning to school this spring to knock out the last 16 hours of his degree plan.
2. The Aggie kicker is originally from the northwest side of Houston and is excited to be back home close to family. His mom and brother are supporting him fully every step of the way.
3. Bullock is a huge country music fan and he enjoys listening to Texas country artists such as the Eli Young Band and Pat Green before games.
4. Like many other Aggies, Bullock is a Ford truck man who has owned nothing but Ford F-150’s his entire driving career.
5. As a young child Bullock was always the quiet kid, but as he got into high school (Klein) he began to build a comradery with his teammates and finally broke out of his shell. He has always cherished his close relationships with teammates in every level of his playing career.
6. He’s had some good experiences with the fans at camp, but he wasn’t used to the aggressive heckling. Also, he admits he felt intimidated at looking across the fence at thousands of screaming fans.
7. Bullock claims that high pressure situations are an area in which he excels at. He explained that playing in front of over 80 thousand fans at Kyle field helped him cope with the pressure. He hopes to be the guy the Texans rely on in pressure situations.
8. You might be surprised to find that unlike most rookies who bond strictly with players in their own position group, Bullock’s best friends on the team are actually fellow rookie offensive lineman Ben Jones (C) and Brandon Brooks(RG). Bullock explained how they bonded during their time at the NFL combine and were ecstatic to find out they all got drafted to the same team.
9. The Aggie kicker does realize his position, and has worked hard building a relationship with 13 year veteran kicker Shayne Graham. Bullock feels he can learn a lot from a guy with that much experience in the league and has leaned on him for advice throughout camp.
10. When asked about the event in the London Games that he could see himself competing in, Bullock took a long pause thinking hard about his answer, he eventually stated that he would want to be a striker on the soccer team due to his powerful leg strength.