Texans CentralShop for Texans Gear Buy Texans Tickets NFL Scoreboard NFL Standings Team STATS Team Schedule Team Roster Team Injuries
From Our CBS Music Sites
There’s more to Keith Browner than his power moves on defense.
1. This young rookie comes from a long line of NFL players, his dad and uncle were both professional defensive lineman and his cousin Max Starks has been on the Pittsburgh Steelers offensive line for years now.
2. Some of Browner’s favorite non football college memories involve early morning fishing trips with his father, the Californian rookie is excited to see what the Texas gulf has to offer.
3. It’s been quite the process for Browner to reach the pro ranks. After being cut by the 49ers last offseason, the rookie worked hard all year to show the Texans what he’s got.
4. Browning describes the Texas heat as “a living hell” the young defensive end grew up in the Los Angeles area, so getting used to the Houston humidity has been a huge adjustment for him.
5. When Browner wants to escape the pressures of pro football he takes to the bowling alley, he often goes for hours by himself bowling multiple games which helps to clear his mind and relieve stress.
6. Unlike many Californians Browner has become fond of the Texas culture rather quickly, if he makes the Texan’s roster he wants to buy a big Texas Edition Truck to help haul his fishing gear.
7. The rookie has much to learn about pro football and is thankful that the Texans have such an experienced Defensive line. Veteran DE Antonio Smith takes time out of practice each day to help Browner work on his hand movement and technique.
8. Browner is within completion of creating a non profit organization which helps guide inner city Los Angeles kids. As an american studies major at Cal. Browner has a passion for reaching out to the community and helping the less fortunate.
9. You wouldn’t guess it now but Browner was a dominate center on his basketball team in high school. He was offered scholarships from Michigan and Miami but turned them down to play football. The rookie claims that he wanted to follow in his families footsteps and become an NFL player.
10. When asked about his most compatible event at the London Games I was shocked when he said that swimming woud be his best event. Browner went on to explain that he was also a state champion swimmer in high school in the freestyle and breaststroke.