Texans CentralShop for Texans Gear Buy Texans Tickets NFL Scoreboard NFL Standings Team STATS Team Schedule Team Roster Team Injuries
From Our CBS Music Sites
With the Texans preparing for Saturday’s preseason game against Carolina, Linebacker Brian Cushing’s absence was the biggest issue at practice today.
1. Linebacker Brian Cushing did not report to practice today after spending last night sick in the hospital with an unspecified virus. Kubiak downplayed Cushing’s absence and claimed that he isn’t worried about Cushing.
2. Veteran Linebacker Keyaron Fox left practice with a knee injury after being caught in a pile in seven-on-sevens.
3. Bryant Johnson, Greg Williams, Jerrell Jackson, and Ra’Shon Harris continued to miss practice.
4. Rookie Inside Linebacker Shawn Loiseau also missed some practice with a minor groin strain. The absence of Cushing, Fox, Loiseau, Williams, and Sharpton gave Mister Alexander and Bradie James reps at Inside Linebacker.
5. Former Houston Oilers coach Bum Phillips was at practice today to visit his son, defensive coordinator Wade Phillips.
6. Keshawn Martin continued to get first team reps, and appears to have separated himself from Lestar Jean and DeVier Posey.