Texans CentralShop for Texans Gear Buy Texans Tickets NFL Scoreboard NFL Standings Team STATS Team Schedule Team Roster Team Injuries
From Our CBS Music Sites
After making progress in yesterday’s practice, today the Texans encountered problems offensively.
1. Practice began with red zone drills, and the first, second, and third strings were unable to score for the entirety of the drill. The offense never found a rhythm, but the defense is also to blame for their poor performance. Rookie Tight End Logan Brock had the best chance to score early on in the drill, but was well defended by Bradie James. The offense had another wide open look later in the drill, but rookie Defensive End Keith Browner batted down a sure touchdown pass from Matt Schaub.
2. The offensive issues continued with turnovers. In seven-on-sevens John Beck threw an easy interception to Brandon Harris, and there were several fumbles, including one on a bad hand off from Matt Schaub to Arian Foster.
3. Punter Donnie Jones also had a rough day, with most of his punts shanking wide right before they were anywhere close to the returner.
4. Keshawn Martin continued to get first team reps today, while DeVier Posey split reps with both the first and second teams.
5. Bryant Johnson, Phillip Supernaw, Ra’Shon Harris, Jerrell Jackson, and Greg Williams did not practice. None appeared to be significantly injured.
6. Although JJ Watt is still injured, his elbow was not in a sling at practice today. Watt is not expected to return until after the preseason, but it’s good to see him recovering from his injury.
7. The temperature at training camp has been getting progressively worse, and today’s heat index was in the triple digits.
8. Inside Linebacker Tim Dobbins favored his right leg after being caught in a pile, but worked with medical staff and later returned to practice without any further issues.