Texans CentralShop for Texans Gear Buy Texans Tickets NFL Scoreboard NFL Standings Team STATS Team Schedule Team Roster Team Injuries
From Our CBS Music Sites
After last week’s slew of injuries several important veterans returned to training camp today.
1. Kareem Jackson, Duane Brown, and Andre Johnson all practiced today after being injured last week. Johnson and Brown only played limited snaps, but it is comforting to know that they are ready to get back to football.
2. However, rookies Jared Crick and Jerrell Jackson continued to miss practice. Both players did not appear to suffer major injuries last week, but their prolonged absence remains a concern.
3. In Red Zone offensive drills, Danieal Manning coached the defense from the back of the endzone. He offered advice to players after every play, and is clearly becoming a leader on the Texans’ defense.
4. The defense had a mixed performance today, with several passes batted down but also struggled with penalties.
5. Today was one of the hottest days of training camp, and David Hunter, Hebron Fangupo, and Mister Alexander all had problems dealing with the heat.