Texans CentralShop for Texans Gear Buy Texans Tickets NFL Scoreboard NFL Standings Team STATS Team Schedule Team Roster Team Injuries
From Our CBS Music Sites
With Duane Brown, Andre Johnson, Kareem Jackson, Daryl Sharpton, and now JJ Watt injured during training camp it’s clear that the Texans still have some issues staying healthy. Here are today’s top stories from training camp.
1. In a running play, JJ Watt was caught in a pile and did not get up. He initially appeared to be holding his hamstring, but got up on his own power and was carted back to Reliant Stadium to be seen by team doctors. It was later released that he suffered an elbow injury, and it is not known when he is expected to return.
2. Brandon Brooks was taken away from practice by Houston training staff for unclear reasons. He walked to the sideline with no visible injury and spoke with staff before leaving practice, so his injury was likely heat-related.
3. Rookies Jared Crick and Greg Williams did not practice. Neither suffered injuries yesterday, but worked with training staff and observed practice from the sidelines today.
4. Lestar Jean did not practice with an excused absence, according to Gary Kubiak. In Jean’s absence Bryant Johnson took over as a wide receiver with the first team and played well.
5. Garret Graham had the most receptions among tight ends today. He worked with both the second and third teams during seven-on-sevens, and was consistently targeted.
6. Today was the first day that referees were at practice. They never stopped the play or called penalties, but they were available on the sidelines and did consult with coaches throughout practice.