So you’ve decided that you want to make a change in your diet and that being a vegetarian or vegan is the right thing to do. Here are a few tips to make your transition a little easier.
- Change dishes that you already know and love and omit meat from it. Instead of spaghetti with meatballs, take out the meat.
- Don’t give up on the first try. Maybe this time veggie burgers didn’t taste great, but maybe trying different seasonings or a different brand will change your mind.
- Learn more about about the vegetarian diet by doing research. How can you achieve something if you don’t know anything about?
- Be patient and give yourself a break. The change might be successful overnight for some people and for others things may be harder, but everyone is different. It doesn’t mean that you are weak. Maybe you could give yourself one night a week to eat whatever you want to ease the transformation.
- Find a good vegetarian cookbook that teaches you to cook meals that you would like. Learning that your favorite meals can be made the same with just a little tweak will be a moral booster.
- Last but not least, make sure to still eat a healthy, balanced diet. There are many foods out there that will replace the nutrients and protein that meat gives.