For more trusted health
news and information,
visit CBS Houston's
All hope is not lost. And it is not as hard as you think to hide from Father Time, at least for a little while. There are ways to prevent those age lines from showing up, and it all starts with little everyday things that you might not have thought would affect your skin. It is never too late or too early to start living a more age-resistant lifestyle. Here are some quick tips to help prevent wrinkles.
- Wear sunscreen. Sun rays are the No. 1 cause for wrinkles. Tanning bed user should reduce the amount of time spent in those machines. Use a bronzer with moisturizer instead.
- Getting the adequate amount of sleep can improve one’s health and help the skin. Studies show that sleeping on your back will help prevent wrinkles. If you sleep on your side, you’re more likely to wake up with sleep line, which don’t vanish completely necessarily just because they aren’t visible anymore.
- Do you need vision improvement? Memory lines may become permanent with repeated squinting. The repetitive motions cause those crows feet to show up sooner rather than later.
- Moisturize your face daily. There are so many anti-aging products out there, but truthfully all you need is a simple light moisturizer that won’t weigh down your skin and clog up your pores.
- Eat foods with anti-oxidants like carrots. You can also apply them to your face by simply adding them into any moisturizer you choose.
- Make your own face masks using honey or fruits and vegetables like crushed strawberries to exfoliate your skin.