Filed underHow To
Want to go green and help the Earth out? Recycling is one of the most common ways to help get your stamp on the Earth’s ecosystem smaller. Here’s a couple of steps to help you get started with the recycling process.
- Find out what items your local trash company collects. If you lie in a rural area that does not collect recycled items then search where the nearest place is that will take your items.
- Find a convenient place to put your recyclables until it is time for pick up. By the trash can is a good place because when you are throwing something away it will be a great reminder to be cautious of what you’re putting in the bin.
- Some trash companies will provide you with a container to put your recycled items, but if not find another container such as a box or trash can separate from your everyday throw away can.
- Recycling doesn’t just mean sorting out plastic and glass bottles. It also includes reusing stuff in your own house. Like that Rago jar that’s empty can now be used as a soup holder or using old newspapers as wrapping paper for gifts. The list is long of things that can be used in ways you never thought of.
- Once you’ve gotten the hang of it, you will be sending less trash to the dump, saving money, and have a house full of reused items.