Texas Boy Dies After 200-Pound Grill Falls On Him

MAUD, Texas (AP) — Deputies say a 3-year-old Northeast Texas boy has died after a 200-pound barbecue grill fell on him as he apparently tried to climb on the equipment.

The Bowie County Sheriff’s Office on Monday identified the victim as Hunter Scott.

Chief Deputy Larry Parker says death Sunday appears to have been an accident. Parker says the homemade grill toppled on to the boy at the family’s home near Maud, about 15 miles southwest of Texarkana.

Parker says the victim’s 14-year-old brother heard a noise and discovered his injured sibling. The youngster died at a Texarkana hospital.

Parker says the grill was not on at the time of the accident.

(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

  • http://barbecuesgrills.net/boy-3-dies-after-bbq-grill-falls-on-him/ Boy, 3, dies after BBQ grill falls on him | barbecuesgrills.net

    […] Texas Boy Dies After 200-Pound Grill Falls On Him CBS Houston […]

  • http://kadja1.com/2013/06/22/look-it-is-summer-and-this-should-be-addressed/ Look It is SUMMER and this SHOULD be addressed… | kadja1dotcom

    […] In this story, the grill was NOT in use:  http://houston.cbslocal.com/2012/04/16/texas-boy-dies-after-being-hit-with-200-pound-grill/ […]

blog comments powered by Disqus
Watch Now: Live Video & Video Highlights

Listen Live