Houston Kids Triathlon 2012!
I’m proud to be the emcee for the Inaugural Houston Kids Triathlon this Saturday at 5:30pm at UH!
It’s USAT sanctioned for ages 5 – 10 who will swim 100 yards; bike 3 miles; and run 0.5 miles. Ages 11–15 will swim 200 yards; bike 6 miles; and run 1 mile.
I’m USAT sanctioned too–meaning “u-sat” during the whole thing!! That’s what us emcees do, a whole lot of talkin’ and a whole lot of nothin’.
Already $15k raised for charity!
So join me for the Pre-Race Pep Rally on Saturday, 5:30pm. Here’s what Saturday’s activities look like leading up to Sunday’s race:
- Participants pick-up their race packets and to preview the race course. The highlight of the evening will be a Pep Talk delivered by at least one member of the Celebrity Big Kids. It will also give everyone another chance to recognize and to thank our sponsors.
- This is the mandatory event that you will not want to miss. There is no better time to get photos and autographs and to win great prizes. Due to the number of participants, there is no race-day registration or packet pick-up.
- In addition, there will be a very special part of the evening where at least a couple of our Celebrity Big Kids will talk about achieving your dreams – whatever they are. This will be an incredible opportunity to learn from and to be motivated by some of the true leaders in our community.
- Here is the actual schedule of events for Saturday, April 14:
- Packet Pick-Up 4:00pm to 7:00pm
- Pre-Race Pep Rally 5:30pm to 6:30pm
- Race Expo Open 4:00pm to 7:00pm