610SPOR2 35h_CBSSportsRad_Houston

News

Texas Woman Claims She Found Moldy Tampon In Unused Box

View Comments
Photo of moldy tampon Danielle Parr says she found. (credit: www.parrforthecourse.com)

Photo of moldy tampon Danielle Parr says she found. (credit: http://www.parrforthecourse.com)

Featured Items

77820352_8Reluctantly Jumping On The Clowney Bandwagon

77820352_8O'Brien: "We Will Draft A Quarterback"

77820352_8Hot Cheerleaders - Funny Faces

77820352_8Some College Cheer

From Our CBS Music Sites

77820352_8What Is The WORST Series Finale?

77820352_8What Is The BEST Baseball Movie?

77820352_8Nun Stuns All On The Voice Italy, Breaks YouTube Record

77820352_8Conan O'Brien Fires Off On Houston

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

SAGINAW, Texas (CBS Houston) — A Saginaw woman got the shock of her life after claiming on her blog that she unknowingly purchased a moldy tampon.

Danielle Parr of Saginaw said she found the moldy tampon after opening it “straight out of the box” Tuesday morning.

“I just found a MOLDY TAMPON in a brand new box of Kotex Tampons,” Parr wrote on her blog. “Yeah, you read that right – moldy. Straight out of the box, in it’s sealed little packaging … moldy. Bad moldy.”

Parr told WFAA-TV that she purchased the box of Kotex at a grocery store three weeks prior.

“After I opened this one, I went through and opened the rest, because I was grossed out,” she told the station.

Parr said on her blog she received an apology in an email from Kimberly-Clark Corp., the company that makes Kotex. According to Parr, the spokeswoman said that the mold is “a common environmental species that carries no health risk” and “ is similar in nature to mold on vegetables or in baked goods.”

“To me, it felt like they were brushing it off… like it was no big deal,” Parr told WFAA.

Dr. Jay Staub, a gynecologist, told the station that if a woman used a moldy tampon, it could create health issues.

“If a woman uses a tampon that is contaminated with bacteria, mold, I suppose there can be a risk of infection because you’re putting mold in the vagina,” he told WFAA.

CBS Houston has reached out to Kimberly-Clark for comment.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus