Houston firefighters were able revive a dog that had been overcome with smoke in a southeast Houston home this weekend. The Houston Fire Department was dispatched to the house fire in the 6900 block of Avenue F about 4:30 p.m. on Saturday, February 25, 2012.

Firefighters arrived on scene within two minutes and found light smoke and a small fire coming from the front room. The resident reported that when she got home and turned on the lights she heard a noise. The fire had apparently been smoldering around a surge protector behind an entertainment center.

Approximately 30 firefighters responded to the incident which was quickly tapped out. Besides the pet dog, there were no other reported injuries.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Houston

DONATE NOW TO HOUSTON FOOD BANKAll of Houston Radio is banding together to support the Houston Food Bank. Donate now.
Dynamo Schedule

Listen Live