Simple Homemade Bath Bomb Recipe
Do you enjoy your bath time and want to enhance that experience with relaxing, scented effervescence?
Bath bombs produce gentle soft aromas and fizz as you bathe.
Make and customize your own bath bomb. Follow the instructions below to make your own bath bomb.
2 cups baking soda
1 cup citric acid – grocery store or bought online
1 tablespoon of olive oil
Fragrant essential oils (such as peppermint or lavender)
Witch hazel in a spray bottle
Plastic mixing bowl
Wooden or plastic spoon
Round mold, ice cube tray or small shape mold of your choice
Air tight plastic container
* Special note – Work quickly to mix ingredients so that mixture does not fizz.
* Precaution – Do not allow mixture to come in contact with metal surfaces or items. Mixture will react with metal surfaces.
- Combine baking soda and citric acid.
- Add olive oil.
- Add a few drops of essential oils for fragrance.
- Add up to 20 drops of food coloring.
- Stir mixture together. Spray a little bit of witch hazel to mixture. Lightly adding witch hazel will create a crumbly texture that will help the mixture retain its shape.
- Fill and pack mixture tightly into molds. Wait a few minutes and then tap molds to remove bath bomb.
- Place bath bombs on a towel to dry over night.
- Wrap in tissue paper and store in air tight plastic container.
Use bath bombs within two weeks.