This is a delicious bread that is traditionally served during November and December.
Pumpkin pie bread tastes great topped with apple butter and enjoyed with a mug of warm apple cider.
This recipe makes 2 loaves and takes a little over an hour to complete.
3 cups white sugar
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
1/2 cup water
Grease two 9×5 inch loaf pans.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2 mixing bowls
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice in mixing bowl.
- In separate bowl, stir together sugar, oil, eggs and pumpkin.
- Stir in flour mixture into pumpkin mixture, alternately with water.
- Pour even amount of batter into greased pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Pumpkin Pie Bread tastes best at room temperature.
Click the video below to watch how to make pumpkin pie bread.