How To Cook A Turkey For The Holidays
By ANDREA MIRANDA, CBS Houston November 21, 2011 8:00 AM
From Our CBS Music Sites
Get Breaking News First
Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.Sign Up
- 1 (20 pound) defrosted whole turkey, neck and giblets removed
- 2 cups Zatarain’s seasoning
- 1 large can of cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 large onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 bell Pepper, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Reynolds’ oven bag
- Rinse the turkey
- Rub the turkey inside and out with the Zatarain’s seasoning salt.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F .
- Place bird into cooking bag. Stuff the turkey cavity with 1 chopped onion, 1/2 the chopped bell pepper, 1/2 the chopped celery, and the bay leaf. Scatter the remaining vegetables around the bottom of the bird, and cover with the cream of chicken soup. Seal bag with nylon tie.
- Pour the melted butter on the turkey and brush butter on the inside of the bird. Seal Reynold’s oven bag with nylon tie and place bird in a roast pan.
- BAKE: 3 hours for a 20 lb. turkey or until meat thermometer reads 180°F.
- Leave in oven bag 20 minutes before serving.