We Respond To Media Member’s Stupid Letter
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
This letter is in reponse to THIS.
We have visited your city multiple times. And when we weren’t busy counting mullets, Confederate flags and watching old people crash cars into convenience stores, we were seeking cover and trying to not get shot.
Coach Gary Kubiak says the Texans (5-3, 3-0 in AFC South) will not change the way they play. Unfortunately for your city, coach Jack Del Rio has not said the Jaguars (2-6, 1-1 in AFC South) will change the way they play, either. It’s impossible, especially when you have a future bust and softy at quarterback – as well as receivers picked out of a trash heap – powering your offense.
But we digress.
Below is a video of Terrance Knighton hitting Drew Brees late. Yikes.
Steve Wrigley, sports director at Action News in Jacksonville, told SportsRadio 610 that he hadn’t seen dirty play from the Jaguars all year. We have no choice but to assume he’s not really keeping up with his team.
But is that the kind of message you want to send to the youngsters playing football in Jacksonville? Is this the type of sportsmanship the NFL is all about?
Maybe this question will hit home with you all in that part of Florida. What would Tim Tebow the saint do?
While we’re on the subject of being an example to America’s youth – and we’d honestly be surprised if you have any kids in your 875-square-mile-senior-center of a city- here are some additional points to consider and questions to ask yourselves:
- Is Blaine Gabbert yelling a certain profane word that starts with “mother” a good message for the children? Come on, man.
- While we are on the Gabbert subject – is playing quarterback like he does a standard you want your children to live up to? Because we think stinking it up on the field for 60 minutes every Sunday seems to be the easier option for some of you.
- In the movie Bambi, Thumper said: “If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all.” Well, Terrance Knighton said he hates Houstonand hates the Texans. OUR FEELINGS ARE HURT. WE ARE WRITING A LETTER TO THE NFL DEMANDING COMPENSATION.
- Debate class 101: If you make a claim or announce a bold opinion, like the one Terrance Knighton stated about the Texans being arrogant, back it up with evidence when asked about it. Knighton, your argument is lacking, and we rule it an epic failure on your part.
- Is whining after a loss in Houston (Jaguars players) or crying about something Houstonians alledgedly want for children (Wrigley) acceptable? We guess it’s okay, but those actions are on you.
We hope these points will encourage the Jaguars, Wrigley and all the other members of the Jacksonville Football Moms Club to reconsider their anger at those meanie Texans.
But, most importantly, we urge Steve Wrigley to man up.