How To Make Caramel Apples
By ANDREA MIRANDA, CBS Houston October 24, 2011 12:15 PM
Caramel apples are a great treat and a fun project.
Follow the recipe below for a fun delicious treat.
- Bag of caramel (chewy variety)
- 4 Washington or Golden Delicious apples
- 1/3 cup of water, milk or cream
- Popsicle sticks
- Pot (deep enough to submerge apple)
- Large spoon
- Wax paper
- Cookie sheet
- Place wax paper on cookie sheet.
- Fill pot with unwrapped caramel candies.
- Place pot on medium to low heat.
- Pour just a little bit of water, milk or cream into caramel to help make it more liquid.
- Continuously stir mixture.
- Once the mixture has fully melted turn heat down to lowest setting.
- Remove stems, rinse and pat apples dry.
- Place popsicle sticks into core of apples.
- Use sticks to dip apples into caramel sauce.
- Use spoon to pour extra carmel sauce onto apples.
- Place completed apples on wax paper.
- Place apples in the refrigerator to allow carmel sauce to become firm.
Video: How to Make Carmel Apples
Learn how to do other things by checking the CBS Houston HOW TO page.