Fun Autumn Activities
From Our CBS Music Sites
Get Breaking News First
Autumn means cooler weather and more opportunities for seasonal outdoor activities. The Fall months are perfect for visiting pumpkin patches, going to neighborhood events and creating meaningful memories.
Pumpkin patches allow visitors to hand pick and purchase their very own pumpkins. In addition to exploring the pumpkin patches, farms will also feature hayrides, seasonal foods and crafts for sale. TGR Exotics, The Old Time Christmas Tree Farm and Nature Discovery Center are just some of the few well known pumpkin patches in the Houston area.
- Open: October 1 to October 31, 2011 Saturdays 10:30 am to 5 pm, Sundays 12 pm to 5 pm, Weekdays 10 am to 2 pm Weekdays by appointment only.
- Note: You must wear closed-toed shoes.
- Price: is $7.00 per person (2yrs and up), children 1 and under are free. Price of entry includes 1 hay ride. We accept cash, Visa/MasterCard,and AmEx. (Features Pumpkin patch and Zoo.)
- Location: 22115 Sherrod Lane, Spring, 77389.
- Admission: $3.00/person (Age 2 and up)
- Open: Saturdays and Sundays in October from 10am to 7pm
- Located: Spring-Cypress Rd at Stuebner Airline between Hwy 249 and I45 N. Turn on Kleb Rd.
- Open: Saturday, October 15 and Sunday, October 16, 2011, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Location: in Russ Pitman Park at 7112 Newcastle, Bellaire, Texas, just inside the West 610 Loop, between Bellaire Blvd and Evergreen.
Churches and local parks are notoriously great for providing inexpensive or even free fun for the whole family, couples and individuals.
A great place to visit is Willow Meadows Baptist Church. Every October, this church invites everyone to come and join them for a time of dinner and Truck or Treating. The church describes the event as a safe Halloween alternative. Costumes, dinner at 5:30, Trunk or Treating at 6pm, bounce houses and lots of fun!
Vehicles in the parking lot are decorated in g-rated, spook-tacular fashion and partcipants pass out candy to the visitors. There is live music and the hosts are friendly to everyone.
- Located: @ 4300 West Bellfort
Houston, Texas 77035
- Phone: 713.723.2870
- Open: On Saturday, October 18th from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Location: at 16000 Rippling Water Dr., Houston, TX 77084.
Bear Creek UMC will offer a great day of fun and shopping! The Bazaar will feature a pumpkin patch, face painting and clowns. Your children will enjoy bouncing on inflatables and guests can try their hand at winning prizes at the carnival games. From 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., kids up to fifth grade can be in a non-scary costume parade. Families can do some holiday shopping at the Bazaar. Over 100 indoor and outdoor vendors will be in attendance. The Bazaar will have a Merchant Marketplace, Holiday and Home Decor, handcrafted and high-quality items, quilts, handbags, clothing, gifts, jewelry, soaps, wood items, custom pens, a silent auction and a Sweet Shoppe.
Location: @ NASA/Johnson Space Center – The NASA website describes it “..as a one-of-a-kind tribute to human flight – from the beauty of mass hot air balloon ascensions to the high-tech world of modern space flight.”
- Cost: $10.00 per vehicle load.
- Located: 1201 NASA Rd. 1, Houston, TX 77058
- Contact: 281-488-7676
- When: on October 21-23, 2011.