Preseason Finale Notes: Vikings 28, Texans 0
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
Photos from the game
• Houston finished the 2011 preseason 3-1, matching the best preseason record in franchise history. The team also went 3-1 in the 2006 preseason.
• Head coach Gary Kubiak is now 13-11 all-time in the preseason, including 6-6 on the road.
• The Texans’ streak of holding an opponent without an offensive score ended at 120:45 when Vikings QB Christian Ponder found TE Kyle Rudolph for a 5-yard score at the 6:25 mark of the second quarter. Houston last allowed an offensive score at the 7:10 mark of the second quarter against New Orleans.
• Houston outgained Minnesota 200-185 but lost the time of possession battle, 16:07-13:53 in the first half.
• S Dominique Barber and NT Damione Lewis led the Texans defense with six tackles apiece. Barber also led the Texans with three special teams tackles.
• Rookie OLB Bryan Braman sacked Minnesota Ponder for a loss of 2 yards in the first quarter, bringing his preseason total to 2.5, which leads the team. It was the Texans 15th sack of the preseason, extending the preseason franchise record.
• TE Garrett Graham led the Texans with six receptions and 71 yards receiving. His six receptions were the most by a Texans receiver this preseason.
• WR Trindon Holliday had three kickoff returns for 79 yards (26.3 average) and returned three punts for 27 yards (9.0 average) with a long of 16.
• WR Bryant Johnson made his Texans debut and had 64 yards receiving on three receptions.
• QB Matt Leinart started the game and played through the first half, going 13-of-16 passing for 145 yards and a 104.4 passer rating.
• RB Chris Ogbonnaya led the Texans with 62 yards rushing on 14 carries for a 4.4 yard average per gain.
• Obonnaya finished the preseason as the Texans leading rusher, accumulating 192 yards on 54 carries.
• The captains for tonight’s game were Ogbonnaya and ILB Darryl Sharpton.
• The Texans lost the toss and kicked off to start the game.