For more trusted health
news and information,
visit CBS Houston's
Taking a shot of 5-Hour Energy or chugging a can of Red Bull aren’t the only ways to increase energy. Increasing vitamin intake can help do the trick as well without the caffeine overload. In addition, vitamins can also promote health by increasing bone strength and fortifying the immune system.
While vitamins aren’t direct sources of energy, they’ll help you get the most out from food and help the body’s processes.
- Iron helps carry oxygen in the blood.
- Vitamin B12 helps synthesize proteins and metabolize carbohydrates as well as reduce fatigue.
- Deficiency of Vitamin B9 results tiredness, digestive disruption and insomnia.
- Vitamin C transports fats to mitochrondria, which are then turned into energy.
- The report also says Magnesium deficiency is the main reason for chronic fatigue syndromes.