Texans CentralShop for Texans Gear Buy Texans Tickets NFL Scoreboard NFL Standings Team STATS Team Schedule Team Roster Team Injuries
From Our CBS Music Sites
- Monday night’s total paid attendance was 70,511. The sellout was the 91st in Texans history. Houston has sold out every home game, including preseason and regular-season contests, in franchise history.
- The Texans defense set a franchise preseason record with seven sacks in the game. The previous high was six sacks on 8/10/02 at New Orleans, the second preseason game in team history.
- Houston’s seven sacks in tonight’s preseason opener were just one shy of the team’s four-game total of eight sacks from the 2010 preseason.
- The Houston defense recorded sacks on each of New York’s first three possessions. The team’s high in the 2010 preseason was three sacks vs. Dallas (8/28/10).
- The Texans defense registered 16 quarterback hits on the night.
- The following Texans made their NFL preseason debuts tonight: C Howard Barbieri, DE Scooter Berry, OLB Bryan Braman, OLB Steven Friday, DE John Graves, CB Brandon Harris, P Brett Hartmann, WR Lestar Jean, FS Shiloh Keo, WR Jeff Maehl, NT Guy Miller, G Darius Morris, T Derek Newton, ILB Cheta Ozougwu, FB Zac Pauga, OLB Brooks Reed, FS Maurice Rolle, CB Jason Teague, WR Terrence Toliver, DE J.J. Watt and QB T.J. Yates.
- ILB Xavier Adibi registered a five-yard sack on third-and-six to force a field goal on New York’s opening drive.
- Adibi notched a five-yard sack on the last play of the second quarter, his second of the game.
- Rookie OLB Bryan Braman led the team with a game-high six tackles, including 1.5 sacks and three quarterback hits.
- Braman and Steven Friday split a sack in the fourth quarter, giving the team six on the night.
- Braman registered a 10-yard sack on New York’s last drive and forced a fumble on the play.
- Rookie OLB Steven Friday registered a sack for a four-yard loss in the fourth quarter, giving Houston five sacks on the night.
- Friday teamed with fellow rookie Bryan Braman on an eight-yard sack in the fourth quarter.
- LB Tim Jamison recovered a second-quarter fumble at the New York 14-yard line to set up a Texans touchdown drive.
- QB Matt Leinart tossed a four-yard touchdown pass to RB Chris Ogbonnaya with 7:45 left in the second quarter to give the Texans their first lead of the game. It was Leinart’s 11th career touchdown pass in preseason play.
- Leinart finished the night 8-of-14 for 78 yards with one touchdown and one interception, giving him a passer rating of 67.0.
- NT Earl Mitchell recorded a one-yard sack on New York’s second drive of the game.
- LB Jesse Nading registered an eight-yard sack on New York’s third possession and forced a fumble on the play.
- RB Chris Ogbonnaya finished with 104 total yards from scrimmage (37 rushing, 67 receiving) to lead the team. His six receptions and 67 receiving yards were both team highs, as were his 17 carries for 37 yards.
- Ogbonnaya caught a four-yard touchdown pass in the second quarter. It was his first career receiving touchdown in preseason play.
- Ogbonnaya scored on a one-yard touchdown run with 1:56 left in the game. It was his first career preseason rushing touchdown.
- K Neil Rackers booted a 49-yard field goal early in the second quarter to give Houston its first points of the game.
- Rackers connected on a 47-yard field goal with :57 remaining in the second quarter. Rackers has made all seven field goal attempts in preseason action as a Texan over the last two years.
- QB Matt Schaub played the first quarter and finished 2-of-5 for 20 yards with no touchdowns or interceptions, giving him a passer rating of 52.1.
- Rookie QB T.J. Yates made his preseason debut and completed 6-of-12 passes for 97 yards with no touchdowns and no interceptions for a passer rating of 77.4.