Register For 2011 Bike Around the Bay
The 2011 Bike Around the Bay ride, which is now more eco-friendly, is scheduled for Oct. 8-9.
The event, which benefits the Galveston Bay Foundation, is a fully supported two-day, 150-mile bicycle ride around Galveston Bay. The scenic ride showcases the natural beauty of Galveston Bay.
The ride starts in Anahuac at Fort Anahuac Park and continues along the gorgeous route that includes many fascinating sights and highlights. Riders will spend the night in Galveston, where they will enjoy an informal dinner with other cyclists, friends and family. Day 2 will bring the riders north along the west side of Galveston Bay and ultimately to the finish line outside of Baytown.
- Ride around Anahuac National Wildlife Refuge before heading south to the Gulf at High Island, the highest point on Gulf Coast between the Yucatan Peninsula and Alabama.
- See bottle-nose dolphins while crossing from Bolivar Peninsula to Galveston on a ferry ride.
- Bike through the historic Galveston Strand area before spending the night at the Hilton Galveston Island.
- Cross the Galveston Causeway before heading east to Texas City where you will travel along Skyline Drive and Beach Drive that give views of the Texas City Dike and Galveston Bay.
- Head up the west side of Galveston Bay through the scenic and historic towns of Kemah and Seabrook.
- Cross the Fred Hartman Bridge before heading through Baytown and finishing at Royal Purple Raceway.
Click here for more details.