MLB Suprises Right Now
By DAN MATHEWS April 27, 2011 6:30 AM
- Los Angeles Dodgers are now being run by Major League Baseball? This is unreal! Although they are not as popular nationwide as the once were. They are still one of baseball’s more popular and highly-regarded franchises. It’s a shame that the uncertainty of the Frank and Jaime McCourt divorce must plague such a proud franchise. However, they are 5 and 3 since this news came down and have been playing some good baseball. Matt Kemp continues to hit the ball well. He leads the league in batting average at .396. Now, MLB has appointed former Rangers team president Tom Schieffer to oversee day-to-day operations.
- Jose Bautista of the Blue Jays is not just a one year wonder with the bat. He’s tied for the league lead in homers with seven.
- Justin Masterson is 4 and 0… Who? Exactly! He used to pitch for the Red Sox and has now found a very nice home with the Indians. Where he also has a 1.71 ERA to boot.
- A starting pitcher in Major League Baseball is 0 and 3 with a 1.40 ERA. Answer? Who is Dustin Moseley of the Padres? Correct! I Had to bring Alec Trebek into this story somehow. So, the next time people say their teams pitcher doesn’t get any run support. They haven’t seen anything like San Diego is seeing.
- Texas Rangers are still playing pretty good baseball and doing it without some key players in the lineup. No Josh Hamilton and now no closer, after Neftali Feliz went on the DL. Many questioned whether or not this team would get good starting pitching. The foursome of CJ Wilson, Matt Harrison, Derek Holland, and Alexi Ogando are a combined 12 and 2!