Dallas Super Bowl = Epic Fail.
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
By John P. Lopez
Today, the only person more embarrassed than Christina Aguilera (who really has no reason to be embarrassed because, you know, she’s Christina Aguilera), is Jerry Jones.
For all the visions of grandeur, The Jerry Bowl could not have slipped on the ice, literally, in any worse of a manner.
* Millions of dollars lost a day because of ice.
* A snowstorm on Thursday night that crippled the weekend arrival plans of so many fans and made traffic a nightmare.
* The new Field Turf was clearly too new — i.e., too tight — and had players dropping like flies with injuries.
* Workers injured, two critically, at the stadium.
* Ridiculous lines that took some fans up to two-hours just to get into the stadium.
* With the back-biting and rivalry between Dallas, Fort Worth and Arlington, the event was far too spread out and inconvenient. There was no “feel” of a Super Bowl.
* And then there was the NFL greed — some 1,250 fans were sold tickets for which there were no seats. Some were accomodated, but 400 fans could not watch the game. Horrible, horrible, and inexcusable.
So, how should the NFL and Jerry Jones make good?
Leave your comments here and/or text us at 6-1-0-2-6.